Did you know that you automatically become a member of the PTA when your child joins Colman Federation?
Why not become an active member by registering your interest via email or at one of our meetings, then help us to organize and put on fun events and activities to raise funds to support the students and staff?
Our PTA committee is made up of a friendly, caring and dedicated bunch of parents and staff from both the Infant and Junior schools. We try to meet at least once a term and are always keen to encourage new members to attend and get involved.
Notice of meetings is normally advertised several days beforehand via email or can be found on our social media pages and PTA notice board.
Why not take a look at our ‘Meet your PTA Committee’ poster below and familiarise yourself with our names and faces.
- Email us directly at email@example.com for more information
- Look at our Facebook page ‘Colman Schools PTA’
- Check out our new Instagram page ‘Colman PTA’
WHY JOIN THE PTA?
IT'S GOOD FOR YOUR CHILDREN
- You are your children's most important role model. Showing your children you value their education will teach them to value it as well.
- Research has shown that children whose parents are involved in their school get better results & have fewer disciplinary problems.
IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
- At PTA meetings you can have our say. You can raise concerns, suggest ideas & input into how funds are spent.
- You will meet like-minded people & make new friends. It's not all hard work: there is a social side too!
- Whether you want to organise an event or simply help out on the day, you can utilise your existing skills & hobbies & most likely acquire some new ones too.
- Most importantly, you will be in the know! You will find out what's going on in school & get to know members of staff better.
IT'S GOOD FOR THE SCHOOL
- Schools are becoming more & more dependent on PTAs for fundraising revenue to supplement the school budget.
- You will play an important role in helping the school acquire key resources as well as rewarding the children with some well-earned treats.
WHAT ARE WE FUNDRAISING FOR?
Funds raised through PTA events are shared between the Colman Infant & Colman Junior sites. We work closely with the teachers and staff to identify what is needed for the school and work hard to raise as much money as we can to achieve our goals.
Some of the items funded by the PTA in recent years are:
Books for the Infant library, equipment for the Early Years, natural playscape on the Junior field, trees for the orchard, iPads & storage trolleys, display units, staging, pavilion & playground markings, school minibus and a positive play sensory area to name but a few.
WHAT EVENTS DO WE ORGANISE?
Check out our Calendar of Events!
Our aim is to raise money for the school but also to provide fun events for our families. These are some of the things we do:
Tea towels & Fabric bags with the children’s self-portraits displayed on them, Christmas Carols & Mince pies, lots of Cake Sales, our very popular Quiz 'n' Chips night, Rainbow Raffles, School Discos, the greatly anticipated Summer Fair and fabulous Christmas Crafts including a wreath making workshop.
Earn cash for us when you shop online.
Please quote reference SCO1267 when ordering to earn 20% cash back for the PTA.
Rag Bag (junior school)
Please donate unwanted textiles in the bins located behind the Infant school hall and to the rear of the Junior school playground.
Pre-Loved Uniform (infant School)
The infant school are collecting your Pre-Loved school Uniform. Jumpers, cardigans, skirts, dresses, trousers, shorts, Shirts, T -shirts and PE kit all welcome. We also desperately need donations of NEW pairs of pants and socks for the Reception and Year 1 classes. Please place your clean clothing in the big bag under the desk outside BEECH class.
Sign up as a family member quoting membership reference 12214 to access Parents Perks money off offers.